How to pass a roadside inspection without violations?
Different Inspection levelsTo become fully prepared for every inspection, the main aspect to be considered is what inspectors are looking for in a vehicle. Initially, you should be aware of 7 different forms of inspections due to which driver can be stopped in the midst of his/her journey.
- Level 1: This comprehensive inspection is also known as “North American Standard Inspection” in which both vehicle as well as the driver is thoroughly inspected. Things that are to be investigated by inspection officers are Hours of service, records of duty status, usage of seat belt, system engine and cargo tank requirements etc.
- Level 2: Level 2 inspection is same as Level 1 inspection and the only difference is that the inspector assesses the vehicle without getting physically underneath the vehicle
- Level 3: Level 3 inspections emphasize on inspection to be performed at administrative and driver level. The driver should have complete information detail to be assessed in level 1 as well as level 2 because the inspector may evaluate it also but inspection of the vehicle is not performed at this level.
- Level 4: This inspection focuses on inspecting a specific item. The prime objective of this inspection is to accept/reject a trend.
- Level 5: This is the inspection performed at the vehicle level only so it can be conducted in the absence of a driver also.
- Level 6: This is an inspection of waste and radioactive material. It is similar to level 1 inspection in terms of what is searched for. This inspection ensures that carriers of radioactive material are fully compliant to regulations of transporting such material.
- Level 7: This type of inspection is applicable to shared ride transport, school buses, the hotel provided shuttles and intrastate/intra-provincial operations. Safety officers can examine the vehicle falling under the defined category.
- Level 8: This is the latest inspection added in the list which can be conducted digitally without direct interaction with the safety officer as it is conducted when a vehicle is in movement. To qualify this inspection, safety officers can check GPS coordinates, license status, records of duty status etc.
Tips to pass roadside inspection successfully:
The driver should possess comprehensive knowledge of the inspection process and appropriate training of his/her own vehicle and its related system. Once the functionality of ELD is known by the driver then there is no need to be concerned about the inspection. Now, you will be wondering about which ELD solution will wipe your concerns of passing inspections successfully?? Don't worry, ELD 2020 is here with best features to help you out.
How ELD 2020 helps to create a good safety record and best reputation in the industry?
- ELD user’s manual will be provided to give thorough detail about the device you are dealing with.
- Instructions will be given to generate records of duty status and transfer previous records to the safety official
- Instructions detailing ELD malfunctions make a driver aware of device malfunctions so in that case driver can manually record the log details and retrieve a printed document that covers the previous eight days duty status
- Every driver is assigned a unique account through which they will access their ELD logs.